Architecture Devices Financials IoT Network Technologies RAN Semiconductors ServicesVPS hosting
Wireless and Mobile News From Around the Web
Wireless and mobile news from around the web
The latest wireless and mobile news from around the web, consolidated into one place for Rethink Wireless readers.
- Fridges, vacuums, sensors, TVs, cameras all on show at CES 2016 as Samsung, LG, and more unveil new smart home devices.
- Advanced Driver Assistance firm Harman partners with Microsoft for connected car strategies; announces Life-Enhancing Intelligent Vehicle Solution (LIVS).
- Nvidia claims its new Drive PX2 platform will be world’s most powerful engine for connected car sensor systems; Volvo is first customer
- WiFi Alliance adopts HaLow, long-range version of WiFi based on pending 802.11ah spefication – claims to be key to IoT.
- Intel buys German drone firm Ascending Technologies, eyes development of new products for its chips.
- Orange plans mobile banking service for 2017 in partnership with Groupama insurance firm; targets €400mn of financial revenue by 2018.
- Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent deal complete, plans to begin operations this month to rival Ericsson and Huawei.
- Google, HP, Oracle join Risc-V trade group, possible open source alternative to ARM.
- ETSI Mobile Edge Computing announces three proof-of-concept to RAN-aware video user experience optimization.
- Apple and Ericsson in patents deal.
- 3 Hong Kong, NTT DoCoMo complete VoLTE trials.